Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New chapter of life

Today, is my 3rd working day in a new company and I drove for the first time. Damn it! I gotta come in before 7.30am because there is not enough parking space and I have to follow the working hours from 9:00 - 6.30pm. So how? 11 hours in the office.

The first day I joined, things are quite uncomfortable to me. Everything is new...the office is new and new to me. The people are unfamiliar faces, I dont know the trick around, I dont know if there is any hole on the road or walkaway, I dont know where are the switches, who to contact, which button to press to which department, extension line and who are the good ones. I dont know what is the best approach to me make work smart, and I am not familiar with the templates and jargons.

Day 1, I am very lucky to have nice and friendly colleagues around, who are not shy to show me around and tak kedekut ilmu. I remember 12 new names on day one and the jokers who are smart. I know they are smart, because I saw their faces in the quarterly magazine for the outstanding promotions. Out of 160ppl that I can see here, i only saw 2 non-chinese...means everyone is chinese here by accident? or by choice?

Day 2, I get to know a few more people and my neighbours who were on leave when I joined. Victor is the one I talk to the most coz he sat next to me. Sweet and fresh graduate, and friendly.

Today is day 3. I am feeling sleepy because I have to wake up early since the last one week (the HK trip).

Darling will be going to HK again tomorrow. I decided to stay in MP.

Hopefully things are for the better..... and AMN made my day by telling me what he was told by the UEM BOD. I love it, coz he said "talent with looks" - happy sekejap.

2 Comments:

At 7:27 pm , Blogger fara / ly-d said...

sorry la gal.. your first week and i couldn't manage to call u.. things ave been bz once i got back from cuti... have a safe trip back to a.s.

wah.. amn said that uem bod mentioned that you have talent with looks?! now that's a great compliment!

 
At 9:02 am , Blogger soul-searcher said...

hehehe...i seriously wrote this when I am writing, not thinking of it...why did i put it down. Anyway, it doesnt matter anymore now coz i am no longer there...life goes on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home