Thursday, March 06, 2008

Life goes on

I left the company after serving of 7 years, 4 months 1 day from the day I joined. My dearest friend, soul Lydia faraheeda has been part of me throughout this journey. She wrote about this , and I am so touched.

Now I am in Hongkong...supposed to go back to Alor Setar yesterday after resigned for a short break and also to do prayers for mummy, attend wedding and vote (for the first time!) but gotta change plan because MIL was hospitalised.

We went out at 6am today to catch the 9.25am flight...then took the public bus in Macau to jetty...then ferry for another hour to Kowloon. Reached at 3pm.

I wanted to give something special to Lydia before I left...but ran out of idea what to buy for her coz she's not the shopaholic type...if its me or Phyllis, very easy! can buy anything u can find in the store...

Lydia did an unusual act, the acknowledgement part, which I always avoided. AW have done a lot of that, and I have forgotten how beautiful a pure friendship will be...

Honestly, I didnt feel sad to leave the company but I was so sad to leave behind sincere friends (that includes client) who are always humble regardless of their position. I am so touched by a few PETRONAS' GMs whom I wrote to, that called me personally. I am touched to receive emails from unexpected people... and you know who value you on this very last day.

On my last day, I just want to have private lunch with 2 important best friends I have - Lydia and Sook Yee, unfortunately SY cant make it.

To my dear Lydia, I love you ~ forever~. You have shown me the willpower of working smart, you have shown to me that being a mother, wife and good daughter is always possible with a performance in career, you have shown me how to be patient , you have shown me how to do good presentation slides / proposals/blueprint and even the claim template (hahah....still terpegun). I really want us to work together again in the near future...ok, nanti i kerja kat your kindergarden ok...:P

I nak pergi shopping in HK!!! really hope i can do it. i know i am bad...:P

2 Comments:

At 12:24 am , Blogger fara / ly-d said...

same goes to me here.

it has been quite a 7-year journey.. one for which i would've been totally bonkers if not for having colleague-turned-best-friend

you have shown that you are strong in the face of adversity and you maintained integrity in the light of crisis.. i now base my standards against yours .. as i move forward alone in this beloved company)

the first day sans-urself - i bumped into mama and nadd.. and what was the first remark from each ? both went along the lines of.. : "so you no longer have your partner around yah?"

as if i needed reminding ..

heh..

now - don't be too fierce at the new company.. recall all ur aW good learning points and apply it! and refer to the golden book! if u need explanation - just ring me up!!

 
At 9:24 am , Blogger soul-searcher said...

Thank you my dear.

Do not compare your and my standard...because we both are different human, from different background yet we are best friends. I learnt a lot from you super high standard on writing blueprint and proposals as well! and presentation slides standard.hehehe...

Yes - definitely i don't wanna be fierce lady - but you are right - I wont tolerate for integrity - and I have had enough "shit" there. Everyone wants to look good. For now, I am sure things will be different with the new boss...Life here is totally different for me for I have been in the comfort zone too long...time to wake up for me and take up new challenges.

Love you always!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home